Lighting division celebrates 500th project
APC’s lighting division has celebrated completing its 500th LED installation project since it was acquired by APC in 2013.
Providing a full turnkey service – from lighting scheme design, specification, supply and installation through to commissioning of lighting and controls – over the last five years the lighting team has designed-in and installed 420,000 LED luminaires and provided annual savings to its customers of £9.3m in lighting energy costs.
The 500 projects span 268 customers within commercial real estate, retail, leisure, public sector, education, warehousing and logistics. Operating on a truly national basis the team have undertaken projects from Inverurie in Scotland to Penzance in Cornwall, Haverfordwest in Wales to Belfast and Dublin in Ireland.
John Hatt, Lighting Contracts Director
Completing 500 projects over the last 5 years has been a great achievement for the team. The contracts have ranged in size and complexity and each present their own unique challenges. The key to our continued success - and something that is extremely rewarding to witness - is the team’s ability to react and respond proactively to the challenges faced and their absolute commitment to completing the works in line with, or above, the clients' expectations. A testament to this is the fact that we continue to work with the same clients we did at the beginning of this journey.
The division is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading providers of turnkey lighting solutions, with a specific focus on property and facilities management companies.
Highlights from our 500 projects include:
- Commercial real estate: Preferred supplier to facilities management and real estate industry leaders including M&G Real Estate, CBRE, ISS, Engie and Integral. Projects have included lighting installations for global banking corporations, Government department offices and prestigious office developments in London and other major cities throughout the UK.
- Retail: National roll outs for Morrison’s supermarkets (450+ stores) and Marks & Spencer (400+ stores). Upgrades at major shopping and retail centres UK-wide including a complete lighting upgrade at Canary Wharf’s shopping malls and car parks.
- Warehousing and logistics: Lighting and lighting controls upgrades for over 30 sites for Royal Mail Group, including critical mail sorting depots such as Heathrow’s 40,000m2 international distribution centre. Lighting projects for Network Rail at London Victoria, Gatwick and East Croydon stations. Warehouse lighting for various manufacturers and a national frozen food retailer.
- Public sector: Multiple site upgrades for local authorities including Haringey Council, Kingston Council, Newham Council, Wakefield District Council and Wokingham Council. Several building upgrades for HM Revenue and Customs. Lighting upgrades across 20+ London Fire Brigade stations.
- Education: Major lighting and controls upgrades at higher education facilities including Northumbria University, London Metropolitan University and Bradford College. Upgrades to schools and academies in Kent, London and Sunderland.