APC Technology Group plc acquires Aspen Electronics Ltd
APC Technology Group PLC, the provider of design-in, specification and distribution services for specialist electronic components is pleased to announce the acquisition of Aspen Electronics Limited on 25th July 2018.
Established in 1974, Aspen Electronics is a premium distributor of RF and microwave components, state of the art test and measurement equipment, and repair and calibration services.
The acquisition is part of APC’s strategy to provide comprehensive product lines and market leading expertise within:
- RF and microwave components
- High reliability electronic components
- Sourcing solutions, component testing and obsolete components
Aspen Electronics complements APC’s existing RF & Microwave business, established in 2008 with the acquisition of Novacom Microwaves Limited, whose franchised lines include: Wolfspeed, API, Amcom, Copper & Optic and Innovative Power Products.
The combined businesses bring APC’s component sales and marketing team to 30 staff and provides an enhanced product and capabilities offering to customers throughout the UK and Ireland.
Richard Hodgson, CEO APC Technology Group plc, commented:
We are delighted to complete the acquisition of such a premium-quality, complementary RF and microwave business. Aspen Electronics has an excellent reputation, and when combined with our well-established existing RF and microwave division, will position APC as one of the UK's leading providers of RF and microwave expertise. Our expanded product range, and the addition of RF and microwave test and measurement equipment and in-house sub-system testing will provide our customers with a value-added and enhanced RF and microwave offering from a single vendor
About Aspen Electronics Ltd:
- 40 years’ experience of RF and Microwave components and systems
- Extensive RF and microwave line card, with more than 50 authorised manufacturers including Marki Microwave, Ultra Electronics Herley, Diamond Antenna & Microwave and Ciao Wireless
- Wide range of RF and microwave test, measurement and monitoring equipment including RF power measurement, signal sources and spectrum analysers from manufacturers including Keysight Technologies, Wavecontrol and Bird Technologies
- Dedicated European service centre for Bird Technologies providing the service, repair and calibration of Bird products
- Well-equipped service facility able to design, manufacture and test ‘special to type; RF and microwave sub-systems and instrumentation products