Available from APC, the Locosys MC-1612-DG Dead Reckoning module offers automotive equipment builders positioning reliability for situations where GPS/GNSS signals are weak.
Currently, vehicles are usually positioned using GPS/GNSS. However, in practical applications, GNSS satellite signals are not completely reliable in concentrated urban areas with high buildings and overpasses. In addition, basement parking lots, tunnels, dense trees and other sheltered environments can reduce positioning accuracy. Therefore, if you want to improve the accuracy of navigation, Dead Reckoning navigation becomes necessary.
The Locosys MC-1612-DG is a single-band multi-system with an ARM based processor.
Supporting GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS and SBAS, it also has flash memory, TCXO, RTC crystal, LNA and SAW filter. The extended Kalman filter algorithm combines GNSS and MEMS sensor data with a weighting function that relies on GNSS signal quality. With adverse GNSS conditions in urban canyons, tunnels or parking garages, Dead Reckoning (DR) boosts the accuracy and the software fills the gaps in data. It supports three dimensional DR, standard NMEA output and fully supports various mapping demands.
3-in-1 seamless positioning – GNSS/ADR/UDR
Dead Reckoning technology and GNSS is a perfect match for automotive navigation. Combining GNSS signal data with gyro steering information and CAN-Bus speed/pulse estimation, seamless real-time accurate positioning is achieved.
In Automotive Dead Reckoning (ADR) mode, the MC-1612-DG has high-precision positioning and DR performance, offering real-time 1.5m accuracy positioning. With low-power consumption, the software includes features to receive and use data from built-in sensors along with external signals for wheel speed and forward/reverse direction. Vehicle signals can then be used to provide a high level of accuracy in navigation solutions.
In Untethered Dead Reckoning (UDR) mode, users in locations with poor signal receptions such as tunnels, urban areas and underground environments benefit from the MC-1612-DG being able to keep position by the built-in MEMS.
- Supports GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO and QZSS L1
- Capable of SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS) precise navigation positioning
- Built-in Locosys dead reckoning (ADR/UDR)
- Built-in MEMS sensor (3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer)
- Supports MEMS raw data output at high update rates (up to 100Hz)
- Odometer (wheel-tick pulse) input
- Sensor data feed through the UART port
- ADR/UDR Automatic fast learning calibration
- Low-power consumption and compact form factor (16 x 12.2 x 2.4 mm)
- Fast TTFF at a low signal level
- Optional built-in pressure sensor
- Automatic configuration of wheel tick/speed input
- SMD type, RoHS compliant
The Locosys MC-1612-DG module is perfect for autonomous vehicles (AVN/T-BOX/HUD), unmanned aerial vehicles and drones, precision agricultural applications, structural/land monitoring and offshore/marine applications.