Diamond Antenna is a well known leader in the design and manufacture of microwave rotary couplers and Roll Rings. They have over 60 years of experience and hundreds of proven designs.
Product range includes:
- Rotary joints – single/dual channel coaxial & waveguide models
- Waveguide – waveguide one channel models
- Roll rings – flexures/couplers / roll blocks and flex wheels
Diamond can supply a wide range of RF rotary joints and rotating subsystems designed for the demanding environments of military radar and SATCOM applications.
- Over 60 years’ experience with ground based, airbourne and shipboard military communications and radar applications.
- High reliability military-spec designs to support demanding environments.
- Electrical parameters including: power ratings, isolation, losses and variation in rotation are specified for each unit.
Diamond Antenna and Microwave offer a diverse selection of RF rotary joints designed for commercial applications.
- Can support high volume production.
- Compact/low profile designs.
- Integrated slip rings for AC/DC power and signal transfer available.
Air Traffic Control
Standard and custom rotary joint designs available for Primary Surveillance Radar (L and S-band PSR) and Secondary Surveillance Radar (SSR)
- PSR (en-route and terminal) designs available in multi-channel integrated rotary joint subsystems with high power RF channels, coaxial/SSR RF channels, integrated Slip Ring/Roll-Ring® and azimuth position with encoder/resolver/Inductosyn.
- SSR (Mode-3), 3-channel L-band coaxial designs with RF only and designs integrating encoders, Slip Ring/Roll-Ring® and fibre optic channels.
- Designs also available for terminal doppler weather radar and airport surface detection equipment.
Diamon Antenna and Microwave has designed, manufactured and delivered high performance space-qualified rotary joints to multiple worldwide programmes.
Industry’s largest selection of space flight rotary joints.
- Space rotary joint designs qualified to NASA standards, ESA standards, other International Space Agency Stanards
- Diamond’s in-house thermal vacuum chamber supports critical testing requirements for space customers. Additional testing including thermal cycling, shock and vibration are available.
Integrated rotating subsystems
As radar and other antenna systems become more complex and data transfer requirements increase, Diamond Antenna customers are requesting several components in one rotational package to create a complete integrated rotating subsystem. Requests for various rotational devices packaged together can include any or all of the following: RF rotary joint, slip ring/ Roll-Ring®, APG (encoder) package, fibre optic rotary joints, and fluid and media rotary unions.