Deploying IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol – The Complete Guide
In conjunction with Meinberg Sync Academy, we are able to run public PTP training courses and in-house, organisation specific courses in the UK for network administrators, network architects, network and IT engineers – sharing key IEEE 1588 features and configuration of PTP clocks.
Precision Time Protocol (PTP) systems are used for time, phase and frequency synchronisation within broadcast, fast trading finance, power, telecom and other industrial networks.
The flexible design of PTP systems, which enables them to solve sync problems within diverse applications and industries, means that they can be exceptionally complex.
This one day course will bring together specialist knowledge from APC Time and Meinberg including:
- Benefits of PTP synchronised networks
- Identify suitable PTP equipment for a particular project setup
- How to install and configure a PTP device for a particular use and operation
- Understand various significant PTP concepts and terminology
- The key differences between a Master and a Slave PTP clock
- Understand features of the default IEEE 1588 profile, including broadcast, power and telecom profiles