THJ 175°C Series Datasheet 10.18.17pdf
High Temperature Tantalum Capacitors
AVX Tantalum products, available from APC Hi-Rel, offer world-leading, high-temperature tantalum solutions for us in military, aerospace, and downhole applications, withstanding temperatures as high as 230°C.
For technical sales contact APC Hi-Rel on 0330 124 4540.
THJ 175°C Series
AVX offers high temperature tantalum chip capacitors THJ Series. The 175°C capacitors, available in case sizes A, B, C, D, and E, operate continuously at a rated voltage of 0.5 within a CV range of 0.1-220µF / 6.3-50V.
The AVX 175°C capacitors are very reliable for high temperature automotive and industry applications. The 200°C capacitors, available in case sizes B and E, operate at a rated voltage of 0.33 for 1000hrs of continuous operation with a leakage current after that of less than 1mA.
- Improved reliability – 2x standard
- 175°C @ 0.5VR continuous operation
- CV range: 0.10-220μF / 6.3-50V
- 5 case sizes available
- Low ESR options on approval
- High temperature automotive and industry applications including: automotive ECU and ABS control electronics and geothermal instrumentation
THJ 200ºC Series
The THJ Series with an extension to 200°C is a high temperature SMD tantalum chip capacitor. The leakage current about 200°C is 1000hrs less than 1mA, it has a three times reflow of 260°C, and a CV range of 10-220µF / 10-16V. The THJ series with an extension to 200°C is available in two case sizes (B and E).
- SMD 200°C tantalum capacitor
- 200°C @ 0.33VR 1000hrs continuous operation
- Leakage current after 200ºC 1000hrs less than 1mA
- 3x reflow 260°C
- Gold plated termination for hybrid assembly
- Oil drilling, aerospace, automotive applications
- CV range: 10-220µF / 10-16V
- Three case sizes available
THH 230ºC Hermetic Series
AVX has extended the lifespan of its THH 230°C hermetic series high temperature SMD tantalum capacitors to 10,000 hours at 200°C and 50% derating.
Available in two large case sizes (9/CTC-21D and I) that provide high capacitance values spanning 6.8µF to 100µF, THH Series capacitors feature the highest temperature ratings of any SMD tantalum capacitor series available on the market: -55°C to +230°C for 9/CTC-21D case components and -55°C to +215°C for I case components.
Encased in hermetically sealed ceramic packages, THH Series capacitors also exhibit superior stability when exposed to high temperatures, high humidity, and ambient atmosphere, and are impervious to the capacitance drop common to high temperature operation, enabling significant size reductions, lower component counts, and reliability improvements in extremely high temperature applications, such as downhole oil drilling.
- Extreme temperature applications including oil drilling
- Operational condition: 230°C / 0.5UR / 1000hrs (2000hrs for selected codes) or 200°C / 0.5UR / 10.000hrs
- Ceramic case hermetic packaging
- Large case sizes including CTC-21D provide high capacitance values
- Manufacturing and screening utilising AVX patented Q-Process to effectively remove components that may experience excessive parametric shifts or instability in operation life
TWC-Y Conventional Cathode
The TWC-Y high temperature series represents a COTS-Plus version of conventional wet electrolytic tantalum capacitors that are designed for use at 200°C.
The components listed are capable of 500 hours of operation at extreme temperature with the applicable derated voltage. This design includes a welded tantalum can and header assembly that provides a hermetic seal to withstand harsh environments.
- Designed for operation at 200°C with applicable derated voltage
- Certified for 500 hours of operation
- Standard case sizes T1 through T4
The TWA-Y series represents a high temperature version of conventional wet electrolytic tantalum capacitors that are designed for use at 200°C. High capacitance cathode system allows high level of CV (Capacitance/Voltage) in standard case sizes. Selected values of the TWA-Y are capable of up to 2000 hours of operation at extreme temperatures with the applicable derated voltage.
Mechanical testing being conducted in accordance to MIL-STD- 202, High Frequency vibration – method 204, test condition “D” Mechanical Shock Test – method 213, test condition “I”. This design includes a welded tantalum can and header assembly that provides a hermetic seal to withstand also harsh shock and vibration requirements. Contact the factory for additional options for customised component design.
- Tantalum wet electrolytic, leaded
- Four case sizes available T1-T4
- CV range: 10-3000µF / 15-125V
- Temperature range –55/+200°C
- 100% surge screening
- Applications include: avionics, industrial, downhole, satellites