Radiation Tolerant Camera Heads
Available from APC Hi-Rel, this instrument has been integrated using the 3D PLUS technology in order to be as compact as possible. It includes four stacked levels in a 3D cube with a reduced volume of 35mm x 35mm x 23mm. The top level contains the 2048 x 2048 pixels color CMOS image sensor which is the key element of the camera. Images are provided by the CMOS sensor through the 10 LVDS multiplexable output pairs that can be configured as 20 single-ended outputs increasing the number of single-ended outputs up to 33 signals.
An FPGA is integrated in the module and can store images in the volatile memory placed at the same level and perform preliminary image processing such as averaging, adding, windowing etc.
The 3DCM739 / 3DCM734 space camera is suitable to cover a wide range of scientific applications such as planetology, but also platforms or launchers monitoring and star trackers.
Radiation Tolerant Camera Heads key features:
- 2048 (H) * 2048 (V) active pixels on 5.5µm pitch
- User-configurable FPGA
- Frame rate:
- 7 frames/s @ full resolution (12-bit mode)
- 16 frames/s @ full resolution (10-bit mode)
- Embedded 2 x 512Mb SDRAM and 8Gb NAND Flash
- Integrated clock and timing generator
- Integrated image signal processor
- Programmable gain amplifier and offset regulation
- 13 general purpose signals
- 10 LVDS output pairs and 2 LVDS input pairs
- Radiation hardened design
- TID > 40Krad(Si)
- SEL LET > 60MeV.cm²/mg
- Space qualified technology
Temperature Range* C = commercial, I = industrial and M= military temp range