Medigenic key facts:
- Medigenic is the only keyboard range to achieve an E2 rating from the Department of Health Rapid Review Panel
- Recipient of the Medical Design Excellence award
- Patented ‘Clean-Me’ alert system
- NHS supported pricing
Superior results in infection prevention
NHS-approved clinical studies at University College London Hospitals (UCLH) have shown:
- Keyboards and mice are a major contributor to cross contamination.
- Bacteria and pathogen levels on keyboard surfaces fall by 70% if they are cleaned twice daily.
- 1 in 10 incidences of hospital acquired infections (HAI) are linked to common touch points such as keyboards and mice.
- Depolying the Medigenic Compliance keyboard and mouse on all computers and carts within a clinical environment can reduce the risk of MRSA by up to 10%.
According to NICE clinical guidelines, MRSA and HAIs cost the NHS £1,000,000,000 each year. To address this issue, leading microbiologists at UCLH worked in partnership with Medigenic to develop the Compliance keyboard.
Professor Peter Wilson, Consultant Microbiologist, UCLH
MRSA costs UCLH £1.9m every year mostly in prolonged inpatient stays. However, the Trust has calculated that the keyboards will pay for themselves if they help cut the number of MRSA cases by an average of just ten a year. This is a significant step forward in the battle against infections like MRSA. You can run education campaigns to get people to wash their hands more often but the impact only lasts for about eight weeks. But with these keyboards you have got a constant reminder of the importance of washing your hands and keeping your computer clean.
Research statement from University College London Hospitals
Testing of the Esterline, Advanced Input Systems Medigenic™ keyboard in the medical surgical ICU at University College London Hospitals showed significant log reduction in bacterial contamination in the range of 0.5 log - 1.4 log (71% - 96%) at cleaning alert settings ranging from 1.5 to 12 hours. The cleaning alert afforded a significant advantage in the Medigenic design in promoting a high level of cleaning compliance and a reduction in bacterial contamination during use in the ICU