syn1588® VMS Datasheet - Rev. Oct. 2016pdf
Visual Measurement System
The syn1588® VMS is a multi-channel, high resolution, high accuracy data acquisition system, dedicated to analyse the synchronisation performance of nodes using different means of synchronisation mechanisms like PTP or NTP.
The syn1588® VMS (Visual Measurement System) is designed for observing, comparing and analysing of 1 PPS signals. Up to 22 channels can be analysed in parallel.
The syn1588® VMS uses the syn1588® PCIe NIC as the 1 PPS capture card capable of measuring of up to 22 input channels. The syn1588® 1 PPS capture card handles all inputs simultaneously. Each input is capable of sampling signal transitions at a resolution of 4 ns.
The syn1588® VMS is capable of analysing and displaying the offset between all 1 PPS signals. It continuously updates the mean value, standard deviation, and maximum and minimum value respectively. On a per channel basis it is possible to set alarms triggering events whenever the offset of a channel exceeds a predefined boundary. This allows to use the syn1588® VMS as an online monitoring or analysis tool. There are additional data analysis functions like MTIE, ADEV, and TDEV available as well.
Since 2014 the syn1588® VMS system has been successfully used 1588 plugfests held at the ISPCS to verify the clock synchronisation accuracy of the IEEE1588 nodes from different vendors.
The syn1588® VMS is available in two options:
- syn1588® VMS: 22 channels, 2 HE 19 “ rack-mount server
- syn1588® VMS light: 5 channels, 1 HE 19 “ rack-mount server
- Multi-channel 1 PPS offset measurement system
- 4 ns resolution
- +/-4 ns accuracy
- 22 measurement channels @ syn1588® VMS
- 5 measurement channels @ syn1588® VMS light
- 50 Ohm termination and ESD protection on every channel
- LVCMOS levels required
- Minimum pulse width 50 ns
- Maximum pulse width 500 ms
- User configurable real-time graphic display of 1 PPS signals
- User configurable real-time graphic display MITE, TDEV, and ADEV
- Separate data and histogram files generated per channel for external post processing
- Online statistical data (mean value and standard deviation)
- Online monitoring and checking of input data
- Online channel status display
- Channel management via configuration file
- Web-based remote display of 1 PPS offset
- User-programmable boundaries
- Alert function (e.g. via email) with user defineable boundaries for each input
- Optional OCXO oscillator option
- Multi-channel 1PPS measurement
- 4 ns resolution
- +/- 4 ns accuracy
- 50 ohm termination and ESD protection (per channel)
- LVCMOS signalling supported (3V3)
- syn1588® VMS: 22 channels
- syn1588® VMS light: 5 channels
- Real-time measurement and graphics
- Online checking and alerting
- 19″ rackmount case