Founded in 1985, Advanced Linear Devices Inc. continues to be a leading supplier of analogue semiconductors to many OEM manufacturers of industrial controls, instrumentation, computers, medical devices, automotive, and telecommunications products. Based in Sunnyvale, California, ALD is situated in the heart of Silicon Valley where myriad semiconductor industry firsts continue to outpace the rest of the world. Their staff includes a team of veteran engineers and scientists - many with extensive semiconductor design, technology, and manufacturing backgrounds.
ALD is a global supplier of instrument grade analogue CMOS components and systems designed for precision circuits and high-reliability applications. They are also recognised as one of the early analogue pioneers and semiconductor innovators with many design firsts to their own credit including rail to rail operational amplifiers, Function Specific ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuits), low charge injection analogue switches and EPAD® on-chip electronic trimming.
Their standard linear product line includes a broad selection of:
- Ultra-low Input Signal Power Rail-to-Rail CMOS Operational Amplifiers
- Ultra-low Charge Injection Low Voltage Analog Switches
- Precision CMOS Voltage Comparators with High Output Current Drivers
- Low Drift CMOS Timers with High Discharge Output
- Precision Matched Pair Small Signal N-channel and P-channel MOSFET Arrays
- High-resolution Dual Slope Integrating Analog Processors, with dedicated Digital Controllers
- ±5½ Digit DVM (Digital Voltmeter) Boards with or without PC/microprocessor interfaces
EPAD® Technology Products
Many products offered by ALD incorporate its proprietary patented EPAD® (Electrically Programmable Analog Devices) technology for active in-circuit trimming of critical electrical characteristics. These products include EPAD® MOSFETS, Dual Slope Analog Processor with on-chip Voltage Reference, DVM (Digital Voltmeter) boards, EPAD® analogue voltage comparators, EPAD® operational amplifiers and other EPAD® enabled products.
ALD is a focused analogue leader committed to innovative design developments using CMOS linear technologies.